Friday, April 29, 2011

Level III


I have had a promising start of  Level III classes yesterday.
Timings being from 6.00 to 7.00 P.M, I can see how the working  crowd is finding it difficult to rejoin. Its a bit too early for them to reach on time after work. But it was good to see the positive spirit  when most students came  to practice during Level II. A new step of Cha Cha Cha was taught to us and we all had good fun.
Watch out   for updates here........

08/05/07
We have now completed two more classes. New steps are now introduced in rapid succession both for Rhumba & Cha Cha Cha. Moves involving turns in one direction like the "under arm turn?" have proved to be a slight problem for me as I tend to get dizzy after 4/5 turns. I was told  that 'spotting' will help reduce this. I need to practice spotting, I guess.
      Samba,when danced with the right partner can be much fun. This was however not to be on Thursday! I had a partner best described as follows

      - Oh, the  poor (over)enthusiastic girl !
She requires no leads, and moves along with automatic ease !
Jumping and hoping the samba routine,
Like a prawn and a kangaroo all mixed,
I did try telling her that this is not the way,
But she gave me that ' I know what I am doing'  look !
Oh, poor (over)enthusiastic girl, please don't hop so high,
for I am afraid that you will land on my toe!
Oh, poor (over)enthusiastic girl, What will you do?
When there is no one to count
And the routine gets all mixed up ?
         Is there a way to punish such people without having to leave class? :) One friend suggested that I kick them out of class! Hmmmm........ nothing a well aimed correct samba push combined with hidden samba side kick will not solve, I suppose.
Wicked and evil. (Wink/Glint.)
to ponder, for someone said " for every partner you don't like to dance with, there are ten who don't want to dance with you"

20/05/2011
The last ten days have been a bit of a bummer. There have been a little bit of confusion and unrest in the class. This is because a lot of changes have taken place with the introduction of choreography for a show which the students have to perform sometime in the first week of July.
This means that Level II and Level III are together now. It also means the grouping  of students into two camps - those who are participating  in the show and those who are not. There has been an introduction of a new instructor for the choreography. Right now I can best described the situation in class as that of lacking some order.I am sure  some sense will come out of all this though ............the sooner the better !
21/06/2011
We have been practicing the choreography routine for almost a month now. All the steps from beginning to end have been worked out. One can say that the structure is all ready and what one needs is practice, practice & practice. We still have not decided who is dancing with whom till now. Personally I feel that it would be better to do this as one can practice and smooth off any unsure steps and moves  one to one and put in more hours if required. One of the good thing about choreography is that you get to do certain steps which you normally don't learn in class. A little bit of awareness of the whole flow and posture during the dance is also there. So overall I would say, this is a good thing.
Meanwhile, I can understand if  the students who are not part of this choreography feels a little cheated as we have been doing only choreography  mostly.

No comments:

Post a Comment